Friday, November 02, 2007

Thought of the Day: So I guess all of the reading and commenting on blogs all day long hard work finally paid off. I was named an Assistant Vice President yesterday. I feel like such a BIG SHOT!!

I’ll have to admit that when I started here, nearly 8 years ago, I did not intend for this to be a long term job. At the time, I needed to get out of hell at Blockbuster, and my godmother was constantly telling me that I should apply here; she could get me in. When I finally reached my breaking point at BBV, I dropped off my resume here and the rest is pretty much history.

I started as a call center agent, answering inquiries from customer about there mortgage and my shift was 12:15 to 9:00 PM. This wasn’t really a bad thing at the time---I was 21, not married, no kids and having such a late start allowed me to stay out until all hours of the morning and still respectfully drag my sorry butt in to work the next day (somewhat anyway). 8 months in to the job I was promoted to an escalations associate and began handling supervisor calls and escalations. I was in that position for 2 years and was working days before being promoted to management and going back on the 12:15-9 shift. Once again though, the shift came at a good time; I was about 7 months pregnant with Eddie and could use the extra sleep. I started by managing a general team which handled general inquiries, before moving to manage a team who handled our high profile customers and later managed a sales team over the course of a year and a half. In March of 2005, while pregnant with Caitlyn, I took my current job of managing escalation associates, which I have detailed here.

For not intending to keep this job, I sure have come a long way. And for someone like me, who is a known slacker, this is a big deal.

7 comments:

LoriD said...

Congratulations Big Shot! It's funny how you can just fall into something, only to find out that you're actually good at it.

Jess said...

That's awesome. Congratulations!

Mommy Daisy said...

Wow! That is great! Congrats!

Tess said...

Congratulations! Your job gives me the major nervous tummy. CALL CENTER?

bethany said...

Congratulations!! :D

For the record, I tried calling your bank to hear your voice on the recording, but it was a MAN. I must have called the wrong place. ;)

Swistle said...

The word "escalations" makes me nervous.

Congratulations on your promotion! That is super-awesome!

Someday you should give us the inside scoop on customer service. Like, what we should do to get results, and what we SHOULDN'T do.

Misty said...

Wow! That is really impressive. Good for you. VP. Wow.

So impressed.

Did I say that? Already?

Wow.