Monday, November 26, 2007

Catching Up

So I totally posted yesterday. Really, I did, via phone just as I did all weekend with no problems. Apparently I should have checked though, because my post did not go through. That being said, my NaBloPoMo dreams have been shattered. That’ ok though, right? You were sick of me anyway.



Our weekend, from Thursday straight through yesterday was jam packed. Ed’s mom was having dinner on Thanksgiving around 5, so we got up early and painted the living room. It’s beautiful and sage green and FANCY!! Or “richy” if you’re my father-in-law. I love it; it goes amazingly well with our furniture. We got to my MIL’s at about 4:30 and Ed’s brother and girlfriend were there with the baby---who I am in love with. Eddie and Cait too. They had a great time with her. I’m not sure what the reason was, but we didn’t eat dinner until almost 8:00. Great planning MIL! We got home around 10.



All night on Thursday, Ed was talking about getting up early on Friday to go pick out a laptop. Circuit City had one on sale for $300. I told him he could do what he wanted so long as he didn’t wake me up. So he got up and went and when I woke up he was sound asleep back in bed. When we got up, he said that he hadn’t even gone, and I had no recollection of him leaving, so I believed him---until I went outside and saw a Dunkin cup in the car that I knew was not there the day before. I asked him f he was sure he stayed home and he insisted that he had. Anyway, Eddie got up and asked for some cereal and when I opened the cupboard, there it was, my new Kitchenaid stand mixer. For the last 2 years, any time I’ve mentioned getting one, he’s said no. It’s too expensive. I’ll never use it. So to say that I was shocked would be an understatement. I actually burst in to tears. Over a mixer. I am a lame ass. Anyway, I cooked and Matt and Sarah came over for Thanksgiving dinner and we watched Ocean’s 13. It was a nice night.



Saturday we started going through all of our boxes in the attic, combining and sorting all of that fun. We had a great time reading all of the notes I wrote to Ed in high school. Ed will not get rid of them. I labeled the box they are in “Burn when I die”. First of all, hello hyper active teenager…which I was. Also, it’s no wonder that I didn’t excel in school. I did nothing but write notes. Honestly, 3 notes a day. One of them actually references us having kids some day and me pointing out that I was not interested in having an Edmund Jr. I went through all of the pros and cons and then finally decided that if we had an Edmund, his middle name had to be Roark. I was insane, and I am embarrassed to have these in my house. I did enjoy going through my year books though. Saturday night we went to my cousin’s for her son’s 4th birthday party and we had a good time. She has a 3-week-old baby girl and they named her Alyson—they are calling her Ally for short, which I love. Anyway, Eddie played with Justin’s shake em up race track all night—even during cake which shows how much he liked it—so Ed went out and bought it for Christmas yesterday.



And speaking of yesterday, we didn’t do much of anything. I sorted through all of our old photos and still have a lot more to do today. It feels good getting things done and while all of the reminiscing makes me feel very old, I’m having a good time with that too. I have about 50 posts in my reader, so I’m going to get on that.

8 comments:

Tess said...

EEEEEEEEE KitchenAid Stand Mixer! I love mine so. You will SO use it! I'm not even a baker and I use mine all the time.

Jess said...

That is so cute that he tried to surprise you but didn't hide all the evidence. Torsten is exactly the same way. I love it.

LoriD said...

That stand mixer surprise is my fantasy. Seriously. So, if you're lame, what am I??

bananafana said...

yeah that mixer RULES. I dreamed about mine for years and even now (6 years later) I will make up reasons just to use it.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Mommy Daisy said...

Wow, what a great gift. Did he get a laptop too? I love to bake and think I'd use a KitchenAid all the time. I've decided I'll just buy one for myself someday. And I don't want low-end, no no, I want the top of the line one with all the attachments. I've let my sisters know, just in case they ever win the lottery.

I'm glad that you had a good Thanksgiving.

We had all those sappy love letters from high school too. I think we finally decided to look through them one last time then toss them.

Nowheymama said...

Oooh, both you and Beck have new mixers! I'm not jealous....

Misty said...

Awwwww!!! Gotta love a man who gets up early to go buy you fancy expensive gifts.

Five bucks says you use it all the time and can't even imagine living without it. God, I wish I had one.

Swistle said...

What a sweetie! I've had my KitchenAid for 14 years and still love it.