Monday, November 12, 2007

What day is it?

I ended up having a busier day then I thought I would today. I could not get to sleep for the life of me last night and ended up passing out on the couch waiting for Jon ad Kate Plus 8 to come on. Of course, as soon as I heard Kate's voice, I woke right up. She is one miserable woman. M I S E R A B L E . I ended up back asleep within minutes and before I knew it, it was 3AM and Eddie was sleeping on top of me. I put him to bed, and went to bed myself just as Ed came home so I ended up being awake until nearly 4.

When I dropped the kids off at school this morning I had every intention of coming home and sleeping for a while, but Ed suggested breakfast, and we went from there. I got the kids their winter coats. The sets with the snow pants at JC Penny were marked down from $70 to $31.99. Eddie's is an army green and Cait's is lime green. Both are adorable. Ed got some clothes as well, and we got underwear for Eddie and a rolling Dora back pack for Caitlyn.

From there, we went over to Best Buy to look at camcorders, since ours is ancient. We didn't buy, but got some good ideas. We kind of want one that takes stills as well as videos, but we don't necessarily want to pay $800 for it. So we'll keep looking...

I dropped E off at home because he was worn out and then headed to Target to look for winter boots, hats and mittens for the kids. I got all but the boots which were mysteriously sold out in girls size 7 and boys size 12. Got Cait a few things on clearance too.

From there I went grocery shopping and spent $300. $303.93 to be exact. I do feed a family of 5 you know...plus there were a lot of great deals and I had really good coupons. I saved over $80. Ed doesn't hear that though, he hears $300 on groceries.

I unloaded the car, threw dinner in the oven, picked up the kids and we all sat down to eat before Ed left for work. We've done amazingly well with this eating in the kitchen jazz. Oddly enough, it seems to help the kids clean their plates. It seems the television was distracting them. Who knew??

I finally got the kids in bed close to 9:00 because I was waiting for Caitlyn to poop, and here I am, pooped myself. (can I tell you how great it is to not worry about buying diapers any longer??? She even stays dry at night--for which it is difficult to praise her for since Eddie still does NOT stay dry trough the night) I need to do a few things to get read for work in the morning and then I'll be off to bed. 4 day work weeks tend to suck for me, having to jam in 5 days worth of work in to 4....but then again I'm working this Saturday so maybe that will make up for it.

I'm a bit crazy tonight thanks to my after dinner coffee with the peppermint mocha creamer that Swistle recommended. It was so good, I could die. Now where am I going to budget in those extra 70 calories? So good.

Ok, I'm spell checking but not proof reading. For your viewing pleasure.

I will write something with substance tomorrow. I promise.

6 comments:

bethany said...

I really enjoyed this entry!! :)

Nowheymama said...

And yet, I can't look away from Jon & Kate Plus 8. Why? WHY?

Tess said...

Don't you love Jon and Kate Plus 8? SHE IS SO MENTAL.

misguidedmommy said...

i got a super great camera at rc willey (i'm spacing on the name) anyway it has the mini tapes instead of dvd because they guy said they are actually better quality and don't skip or scratch as much, plus i had to get taht since i have a mac. but it is a camera and a video camera all in one. i looove it

Mommy Daisy said...

I watched part of Jon & Kate Plus 8 last night too. I agree, I love it. I guess it makes me feel a little better to see her all crazy all the time, and a little grateful about my life. ;)

Yeah for new clothes and winter wear. We bought a coat for Zachariah early in October (on sale, yeah!), but he has only worn it once yet. Last year I remember rushing out at the beginning of October because it got so cold, and I refused to take my baby out of the house without a warm hat!

Good luck on the camera hunt. I bought mine about 4 years ago when we decided to start trying for a baby. So, it's a bit dated by now, but it's fine for us. I don't use it a ton, because I'm always busy with Zachariah. And Matt never pulls it out.

Groceries are expensive. We have a VERY tight grocery budget though. But I understand $300. Family of 5? Am I missing something?

Glad your dinner together is going well. We started doing that as soon as Zachariah was old enough to sit in his high chair at the table with us. I love having supper as a family.

Who knew your post would inspire so many thoughts from me? Guess I'm just long-winded today.

Misty said...

Oooooo $300 on groceries sounds divine. Bet you got some good stuff, huh?

Also, I *like* Kate. She reminds me of myself with the crazy feelings and the fussing all the time. Yes. And the inability to write good sentences. Oh, Kate. Do you have this problem as well?