Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks, Sarcasm, and Potty Mouth

I feel like I should do a “what I am thankful for” entry……but it would be sappy and somewhere along the lines of “I love my kids so much!!” and all like “blah blah blah”. So I’m going to give you a random and somewhat superficial list of items that I would like to give thanks for.

1. I am thankful for the 2 new pair of pants I bought at Old Navy last night, one of which is a comfy pair of straight legged cords that remind me of what a hippie I used to be.
2. Also for the over-the-range microwave we bought last night—what a space saver!
3. I’m thankful that I had the chicken pox when I was 9 as opposed to my youngest brother who has them now at age 18
4. I’m thankful that the kid’s daycare photos finally came in
5. And that they actually turned out really well
6. and that I get to spend $130 to keep them all!!
7. I’m thankful for Nestle’s Peppermint Mocha Creamer
8. I’m especially thankful for my 4 day weekend, even though I will only have Sunday to rest
9. I’m thankful that we rented Ocean’s 13 to watch on Friday after dinner—Pitt and Clooney….mmmmmm---happy thanksgiving to me
10. I’m thankful for the bulk sized jar of green olives I bought for turkey sandwiches last night

I could come up with more I’m sure. I’m still feeling a bit out of it. Nothing is particularly wrong; I just feel a bit off. I can’t put my finger on it. Perhaps gorging myself this weekend will assist. Oh, there are other things I wanted to say too!

Eddie has apparently inherited my sarcastic gene! This morning, while waiting for what seemed like hours in the car, while Ed finished a phone call, Eddie goes “What is taking Daddy so long? My friends are already eating lunch….” And a few minutes later “When is daddy getting in the car? My friends are already taking their naps….” Both were said with an eye roll and a hint of a grin. My kid.

I also heard a good potty mouth story this weekend, and it wasn’t my kids! (because they’re too busy singing “Old McDonald had a butt! Poopy Poopy Oh!”)

A friend of mine was outside with his 2-year-old daughter, working in the yard and he saw her approach the front of their house where he had 3 scarecrows lined up for decoration. She got in front of the first one, looked it dead in the eye and slapped it across the face and yelled “BITCH!!”. She moved to the next scarecrow and did the same, and the third scarecrow after that. He could hardly scold her because he was laughing so hard. He was reluctant to even tell anyone the story for fear that they would think his daughter was mimicking him slapping his wife around. It gave me one of the best laughs I’ve had in a long time though.

Ok, I think I’m done now. There is much slacking to be done before I leave today.

7 comments:

Tess said...

Oh man, I am thankful for THIS today. She BITCHED SLAPPED the scarecrows!

Also, Old McDonald had a butt. Heh.

Jess said...

You know your kid is on the young side for sarcasm when his sarcastic comments reference the naps his friends are taking. How cute.

maybaby said...

I think that's a perfectly reasonable response to a scarecrow. They are creepy.

I'm randomly tagging you for the seven things meme that's going around NaBloPoMo. If you'd like to play, go visit my site www.pedaling.blogspot.com and see the rules.

Then go and randomly tag some more NaBloPoMo bloggers!

Misty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misty said...

1. I want old navy pants!!
2. I have an over-the-range microwave toooooo!
3. I had the pox when I was 6. Do kids get that anymore since they get vaxed for it?
4. My daycare tried to get me to take pictures from two different companies TWICE in ONE week. The nerve.

Ok, that is enough. Happy Turkey Day!

Beck said...

Nasty!

Swistle said...

When a child says he/she "feels funny," I think, "Oh, crap, stomach flu." When a woman of childbearing age says it, especially if she has new pants that fit perfectly that she'd be really sad not to be able to wear for awhile, I perk up eagerly but don't ask any stupid questions.