Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday

So my ketchup loving MIL came over yesterday. I made chicken fingers for dinner with mashed potatoes and creamed corn. As we were making our plates, Ed asked her if she needed the ketchup. She looked at him with complete disgust. "I would NEVER put ketchup on poultry" she said, as if he were cazy for suggesting it. I could have spit my teeth out. So putting it on pork chops and GOULASH is ok, but never on CHICKEN.

She invited us for Thanksgiving a few weeks ago, and Ed asked her if she would just rather come here so she didn't have the stress of cleaning up her place. (she moved in a few months ago and has yet to unpack and only recently even got a fridge.) After Ed suggested it though, we didn't hear from her for 3 weeks and she wasn't answering her phone. Wehn Ed finally talked to her, and asked her about Thanksgiving again, she sad she'd love it if we came over. Us coming to her house gives her the will to live. So apparently, that's what we're doing. I'll be doing my usual, which is cooking on Friday so that I can eat what I like, and have plenty of left overs for sammies.

It feels very late for some reason. We were up early today, and went out to a train show (yawn) in Batavia. There's an even bigger one out here next week. Hoo-freaking-ray!! Ed left for work around 2:30 though and I did laudry the rest of the day. The kids never napped, so they were in bed and asleep before 8:00, which is more than rare.

This cough continues to kick my butt...it never flares up until bed time and before I know it, I'm sleeping upright on the couch. I'll probably just start out there tonight since Ed won't be home until the morning.

I guess that's about it. I'm quite looking forward to tomorrow--I am off of work and the kids are going to daycare. I'll be gorcery shopping alone, which is probably my all time favorite activity.

I have 5 minutes until Desperate Housewives, so I'm off for now!

4 comments:

Beck said...

My brother-in-laws kids put ketchup on EVERY SINGLE THING. It is QUITE gross.

Nowheymama said...

Scott and his mom like mayo on lots of foods. LOTS of foods.

I am probably turning Katherine into a ketchup addict because it is the one readily-available dairy-free dip that everyone has. All the other kids are dipping their veggies in ranch dressing... Um, want some ketchup?

theflyingmum said...

he, heh, heh, your description of your MIL? FUNNY! Yeah, it probably does make her day to cook for you all.
And yes! yay for grocery shopping, or any kind of shopping for that matter, alone!!!

Mommy Daisy said...

Out of all things NOT to put ketchup on. Silly. Also, I love "Us coming to her house gives her the will to live". Ha!

Sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. It's sticking around, isn't it.

Oh, I love shopping alone. I stopped at Walmart on my way home from church tonight. We had our mom's group meeting, and I knew Zachariah was already in bed. It was nice to shop for a little while in peace.