Thursday, October 25, 2007

Retail Therapy and Crappy Diet Crap (stooopid DIET!!)

Somehow the PMS comes on right about the time that I start to diet. It is inevitable and sometimes just seems like a cruel trick—you know like there’s good old Mother Nature clasping her hands together and cackling like a crazy person. “You will be large and in charge for ETERNITY!!! AAAHH HA HAHAHAHAHA!!!”

Seriously though. I was running errands on my lunch break (more on that later) and on my way out of the bank, all of the smells from the Mexican place, Chinese place and pizza place were wafting out in to the already yummy crisp autumn air, and I could have died. All the fried, greasy wonderfulness I could ever want….all in one plaza. There’s actually a donut shop there too. And a deli.

I sucked it up though, and headed back to work where I thoroughly enjoyed my homemade salad and Lean Gourmet Spaghetti and Mushrooms along with my XXX Vitamin Water. Not fully satisfied, I chased it with a peanut butter Twix. Ok, 2 peanut butter Twix.

What the hell, right?

Anyhoo, I had to go to Babies R Us on my lunch break to get a gift for my cousin’s baby momma’s shower this weekend. I swear, just driving by that store, my checking account becomes depleted. I bought the gift my SIL and I decided on and then just had to look at the clothes. They had full outfits for $9.99. I got 2 for Cait (one that is jeans embellished with blue cloth and a blue hoodie and the other is pink leopard print leggings with matching pink that has a leopard print kitty on it---in case you were wondering). I also grabbed pull-ups and wipes while I was there, making my grand total around $100.

In other shopping news, I scored 35% off of the clearance prices on line for the rest of the furniture we got for our living room. The bad news is that it costs $60 to ship, but the discount was about $73 so it kind of evens out. I’m so excited to have matching furniture that I can’t even believe it. We’re in negotiations about paint in the living room right now though—I want like a grayish green or sunflower yellow, and Ed wants tan. He also wants to paint my woodwork black. I don’t think I’m a fan of that idea. I’ll definitely post photos of the finished product.

Finally, tomorrow is picture day at daycare, and I think that Caitlyn might actually sit this year. Last year she was miserable and crying, and you can see the tears and runny nose in her photo. I have to make a mental note to remember the forms telling them what I want. The folks that come in to do them do a really good job, and they have a really nice set-up. Hopefully, it will all go well.

This means though that there are baths to be had and hair needs to be dried before they lay down tonight, which makes me one busy woman. I’d better finish up work and get out of here!!

4 comments:

Tess said...

He wants to paint the woodwork BLACK? No. No, no no! This reminds me of when my husband tried to get us to buy black furniture. So we could live like THE LADIES MAN.

Swistle said...

This post is RICH. Large and in charge. TWO peanut butter Twix.

I WAS wondering about the outfits!

That's great about the furniture!

I like the idea of the grey-green, and also the idea of tan. But black woodwork is a no. Use leverage if you have to: "We can do tan walls, but the woodwork has to be [not black]."

I LOVE funny crying photos. LOVE THEM. They are SO funny later on.

LoriD said...

You HAVE to veto the black woodwork. No no no. It is exciting to have matching furniture though. I love our living room just because all the furniture was bought at the same time, so it all works together!

Zoe's first soccer picture has her with a full-on, lip out pout - and that was the retake! We laugh now, but it sucked then.

Misty said...

Amen to the no-black-woodwork.

Also, you are wayyyyy ahead of us. We don't have any matching furniture. At all. In fact! We have never even bought any furniture, ever. All of ours is hand-me-downs.

Ok, now I feel so pathetic, I need a Twix.