Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ho Hum Wednesday

Things have been quiet here on the blog front, I know. It seems like everyone has enjoyed the video of Eddie and Caitlyn at the dinner table though. (Bah Bah BAAAAH!) It’s fun that I can put stuff like that in here and give people a feel for what typical life in our house is like………you know, 100% insane.

So what’s been going on?

• We spent the weekend rearranging the living room and bringing in the new furniture we bought. It looks amazing and I can’t even believe how much room we have in our living room now. I also spent some time at the mall on Saturday which was completely over-crowded because the Canadian dollar is matching ours now. Apparently shopping is a lot cheaper in the states. (There was an article in our newspaper comparing prices even though the $$ are worth the same. A trip to Starbucks in Canada runs about $10 where the average is about $6 here.) But anyway, based on the crowds, I’ll probably stay away from the mall on the weekends.
• Vitamin Water has been 10 for $10 at our supermarket this week. YUMM-O
• My team got me an amazing boss’s day gift—a basket with Tim Horton’s coffee, travel mug, gift certificates for Tim Horton’s, wine, chocolates and nuts. They didn’t want to give me 2 gifts in one day so we are celebrating my birthday tomorrow. Lucky me!
• My boss got me a gift card to NY & CO, socks and a necklace for my birthday. Again, lucky me!
• My husband bought me an iPod. I’m returning it. It’s trendy and pink, but I wanted one with a display screen. I can’t even say it was a nice thought because he asked me on Saturday what I even wanted (you know, the day before my birthday). First off, I sent him this on the same day I posted it. Secondly I’ve been dropping the iPod hints for AGES. He gets bonus points for getting up with the kids and taking them out so that I could sleep in—that was great. I don’t even want extravagant gifts or anything like that, but I want what I get to mean something. I plan his gifts out months in advance……I’m beating a dead horse here.
• We did have a nice time at the pumpkin farm on my birthday though. We ended up buying our pumpkins at a roadside stand though because they were picked over and crappy at the farm. The kids really enjoyed the corn maze and hay ride. Last year they had a pumpkin cookie with chocolate chips in it, and they did not this year. It was to die for and I was :SO: disappointed.
• I have way to much work to do to be writing this right now. My head is killing me though and I think it will EXPLODE if I look at another report.
• We’re having a potluck at work tomorrow and I have to make lazy pirogue tonight---which means a trip to the grocery store with the kids since Ed will be in Albany. Maybe we’ll go to Super Target where I can occupy them with pop and popcorn. Probably not though because I don’t think I can get an onion there.

Ok, well 2 hours of work to go. I should probably do some actual work.

5 comments:

Tess said...

I just got some cute work shirts at NY & Co. Score.

Misty said...

I want to go to the pumpkin patch....

Nowheymama said...

Recipe, please?

LoriD said...

Boss' Day? Somehow my employees missed the memo!

I'm headed over the border this weekend... willing to fight the crowds for a good deal!

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh boy, you did great for bosses day and your birthday! And it sounds like you've had lots of fun things going on.

I have a great recipe for pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips. In fact I just made some yesterday, and I need to finish making the rest today. YummY!