Thursday, October 04, 2007

Recipe Thursday

****edited to say this goes great with triscuits!

I’m too tired for a real entry today since I was up with Eddie and his fever all of last night and somehow still made it in to work today. (The kids are home with Ed today because it’s Thursday, and Eddie is throwing up now. The Joys.)

In any case, here is one of my all time favorite appetizer recipes (per Tessie's Request)and it’s bound to become one of yours:

Hot Banana Pepper Dip

8-10 FRESH (hot) BANANA PEPPERS, DICED (I use about 6 large ones)
3 8-OZ BRICKS OF CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED
½ CUP CRUMBLY BLUE CHEESE
1 CUP SHREDDED MOZZARELLA
GARLIC POWDER TO TASTE
BREADCRUMBS

Mix all ingredients except for breadcrumbs and spread in baking pan. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes until heated through and bubbly.

***It pays to wear gloved when you dice your peppers because the “spice” stays on your fingers and gets in your eyes for days. You can also use your gloved hands to mix the ingredients. In my experience it is really hard to stir cream cheese.


P.S. Does anyone know how I can post videos here--and actually have them work? I've tried using the option here on blogger and while they work in preview, they do not work once I've published. I have 2 cute ones of Cait from the zoo that I'd like to share!!

5 comments:

LoriD said...

Hey - we're on the same wavelength today with the (lazy) recipe posts. You have an excuse with a house full of sickies... I do not. The recipe looks good. I'm expecially fond of anything with blue cheese as an ingredient.

Tess said...

Did you say BLUE CHEESE? Count me IN.

Misty said...

Videos? Ask Devan. She did it the other day.

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh, that dip would be great. We have banana peppers galore from our garden, and while this weather stays warm I'm sure we'll see more. What do you serve this with? Crackers? Tortilla chips? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Videos...here's how I do it. I upload mine to Photobucket. Then they will give you a code you can just cut and paste in your blog post. And voila! it appears. I haven't tried posting it through blogger yet, so sorry I can't help.

theflyingmum said...

The spread sounds yummy! Can't help you with the videos, I usually upload mine from YouTube.