Wednesday, October 24, 2007

6 Habits Meme


Mommy Daisy tagged me for a meme in which I list 6 habits or facts about myself. I’ve done my 100 facts list as well as an 8 facts list from TFM, so I’m going to focus on my habits, if you will.

1. I set and reset my alarm clock with an OCD-like fierceness. I set it, check to make sure it’s set for the right time, verify am/pm, and then reset it just in case. I do it like 10 times in a row.
2. I am insanely particular about the way my silverware drawer is organized. It must go from left to right, forks, spoons, knives. They must be organized in the dishwasher basket the exact same way.
3. I pop my ears voluntarily all day long.
4. I can never be bothered to remember my wedding ring. I always have really good intentions of putting it on, but it never happens. Until I was pregnant, I never took it off. Now, even if I wear it out, I don’t wear it at home. I’m super clumsy and bang it on things, or I scratch the kids with it.
5. I’m obsessed with getting boogers out of the kid’s noses. Even if they’re not bothering them at all. Even if they are completely non-intrusive. I need to get them out of there.
6. I can’t handle any sort of repetitive sound (idiot bell on the car door) or flashing light (the answering machine). If I hear something I track it down til I find it and make it stop. My employees are required to turn of the volume on their pc’s because any sort of pc noise sends me over the edge.

I'm not tagging anyone specifically, but do it if you are so inclined!

7 comments:

Misty said...

Oh! I am obsessed with picking my children's noses as well! It is awful, really.

And?

*Ahem*

Craaaazy boss lady...

:D

Tess said...

Oh, you would HAAATTE me as an employee. I have lots of annoying little habits that make repetitve noises, like clicking my pen over and over and ruffling the pages of my books.

misguidedmommy said...

#6 i do that one soooo bad. also i mix up my forks and stuff in the dishwasher because i'm afraid they will huddle together you know like fit together like they are spooning and then the back of one and the front of the other wont get clean

Swistle said...

My drawer goes knives, forks, regular spoons, soup spoons. But I mix them in the dish-drying rack so they don't "nest" and stay wet.

Mommy Daisy said...

Glad I'm not the only bogger-picker!

Mommy Daisy said...

**or booger-picker

LoriD said...

The comment page hates me today... my message just disappeared!

My silverware drawer is a total mess, as Macy likes to unload that section of the dishwasher. She just whips the forks, knives and spoons in there. My mom always laughs when she opens the drawer because it's just a big pile of unsorted cutlery.