Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another Non-Post

1. It is 49 days until I am on vacation, and 52 days until I will be in The White Mountains of New Hampshire in a VERY well appointed hotel room for very little money ($89/night) due to it being EXACTLY one week before their peak fall foliage season begins.

2. And in 55 days we will be in Portland, Maine where I will consume lobster for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert (where available). We will spend time in another beautiful hotel for $55 a night because our good friend Melissa is the General Manger there….ooooh yeah.

3. My 5 year wedding anniversary is also in 55 days. Do you think that vacation is enough of a gift to each other? Or should I be considering a gift for Ed?

4. It’s going to be a beautiful, sunny weekend. We’re looking for something fun to do on Saturday. I’d like to go to the Toronto Zoo, but I don’t know if we feel like driving 1.5 hours. Ed has to work on Sunday, but the kids and I are going to Canal Fest (celebrate the Erie Canal!! WOOT!! WOOT!!) with my parents. [there’s actually a really cool craft show and festival]

5. Ed spent the day with my brother and some friends at Cedar Point yesterday. He was the only husband to bring a gift back for his wife (a huuuuuge coffee mug) . He also called me from the spot where he proposed and told me how much he missed me, and that it wasn’t the same without me. Brownie points for him.

6. He bought the kids hats too.

7. This girl at work constantly starts her sentences with “As well”. For example, “As well, we will be moving to a new format next week.” She drives me insane

8. Another girl constantly asks me, when I’m by myself, “How we doing?” I answer her with a smart-assed “We’re doing great, how are you guys” every single time and she just doesn’t get it.

4 comments:

Beck said...

That's going to be a lot of lobster! My brother used to work in this very ritzy hotel and so we'd get fabulous deals on staying there... now my rotten kids have very misguided ideas of what hotels are like!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! you really have alot going on in your life and mind!

I had a girl who used to askme "how are we today?", and it drove me nuts. one day she asked me that and i turned around to look over my shoulder and said " Do you see someone else here besides me? because if you do, i'd like to see them too so i could claim insanity and get out of here once and for all." she Never spoke to me again.

Nowheymama said...

We're going to NH (Little Squam Lake) in the beginning of August, right after my sister's wedding. I can't wait!

"As well," yay, Cedar Point! Best amusement park ever.

Tess said...

OK, that is awesome. "We're doing great, how are you guys?" HAHAHAHAHA