Friday, July 06, 2007

The 4th


It was rainy and horrible here on the 4th, so thank God we had the sense to check the weather and find fireworks on the 3rd. We picked a good show (despite being kind of in the ghetto) and we were pleased that Eddie wasn't terrified this year. Caitlyn, though not hysterical, was not thrilled with all of the noise.





We spent the 4th setting up our fish tank and getting the fish accustomed to their new home. We got 7 fish, 2 for Caitlyn and 5 for Eddie. Caitlyn named hers One and Two and Eddie named 3 of his Santa, Grandpa and Daddy. That left the 2 black molly fish to be named, so we called them Sheeba, after our dead dog, and Molly for obvious reasons.

I was off of work yesterday and I took the kids to daycare and came home and slept until after noon. I can't eve remember the last time I slept so late. After lunch, I did some laundry and cleaned up a bit. I'm off again today, and Ed and I are going to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch after a while. I always get the same meal when we go, Herb Crusted Salmon with Asparagus and Smashed Potatoes, then I change up the cheesecake I order. Last time I got lemon raspberry which was to die for. The time before that, Tira Misu (I have no idea how to spell that). I'll keep you updated as to what I get today.

My first Children's Place order arrived yesterday, and the crabby shirt is all I wanted and more. One of the tanks I got for Eddie (I ordered him all XS-4 rather than 4T with the hope that he could wear them next year too) was super huge, but the other 2 will be perfect. The crinkle skirts for Caitlyn are supercute but to keep them crinkled, you have to twist them up, tie them in a not and rubber band them after you wash them...which is probably too much maintenance for me. I'm still waiting on my second order which includes some shorts and a hat for Eddie, then 2 more shirts ad shorts plus sunglasses for Cait. I'm getting nervous because the website doesn't show that it's shipped yet.

I need to end this because I left my glasses downstairs and I can't see anything. I'm thinking of getting a new cell phone today, but we'll see how that goes. I'm eligible for a free one, but don't want to sign a contract. I don't know.

3 comments:

Misty said...

How nice to have a bit of free time for yourself! And Oh! You are making me hungry for yummy cheesecake. Bad Sara. ;)

We have a place called "Copelands" here that has bunches of yummy kinds of cheesecake. We like to try to get a different cheesecake flavor everytime we go to eat there, which is rather expensive, so it is not often. My favorite, although it is not very exciting, is the fresh strawberry. Yum!

theflyingmum said...

I am tagging you for tha 8 things meme: go here for the low down.

Anonymous said...

those are such gorgeous pictures. we barely missed the rain here on the 4th.