Monday, September 24, 2007

Recipe Monday

After coming home late from Ed’s Aunt Rita’s 90th birthday party on Saturday, we got a late start yesterday. The kids slept until about 8:30, and Ed let me sleep in until about 10:00. We weren’t even done with breakfast until after 12:30. The kids took an early nap and when they got up we decided to take a walk in the park near by that has several nature trails. We saw deer, chipmunks, several types of birds and a ton of wild turkeys. The kids could have taken it or left it, but it was nice to get out and walk.

Target is right down the street so we stopped for “just because” and because I can always use something from Target, and we ended up buying this furniture, (the book case, coffee table and TV stand) and Eddie’s Jeff Gordon Halloween costume.

When we came home I made this recipe and it was delicious! I can’t wait to eat leftovers for dinner tonight. (Paula’s recipe calls for cream of mushroom and sliced mushrooms which would not fly in my house)

Sara’s Variation of Paula Deen’s Chicken Boudine

1.25 lbs boneless chicken breast (cooked and torn in to pieces)
2 lbs egg noodles (cooked and drained)
1 2.25oz package of almonds (toasted in frying pan for a few minutes)
¼ cup drained pimentos
8oz frozen baby broccoli florets
3 cups cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
¾ cup chicken stock

Toss together chicken, broccoli, almonds and pimentos. Add soup and stock and stir. Fold in 2 cups of the cheese and the noodles. Top with remaining cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven about 30 minutes, until bubbly.

(Yes, Ed eats pimentos and almonds…I find it as weird as you do…)

I served it with french rolls and it was SO GOOD!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WANT that furniture. WANT IT.

LoriD said...

You just stopped in a bought furniture? I would torture myself going back and forth, measuring, planning and then return to the store to find it sold out.

Also, cheese, nuts and creamy soup? Um yeah, that would be good.

Nowheymama said...

Hey! We have that entertainment center, but we bought it at Aldi. Klassy.

Tess said...

Mmmm, creamy noodles. I believe I will print this out. Oh yes, I will.