Friday, August 17, 2007

To My Sweet Baby Girl


Dear Caitlyn,

Tomorrow is Saturday and you will be two years old. I don’t know where the time has gone because I swear that just yesterday you were your tiny baby self content to lie in my arms or be carried in your sling all day long.

You have accomplished a lot since your first birthday. Learning to walk was especially great and running and jumping came soon after. You knew many words on your first birthday and you gradually began stringing them together this year, and now, you speak full clear sentences and enjoy conversation with all of us. You’ve always been able to communicate your needs, wants, pleasure and displeasure, but to hear you put it in to words is absolutely amazing.

You still love to eat, and will try anything once. Your personal policy when it comes to food is “what’s on your plate is mine” and you help yourself accordingly. You are the best eating child I know.

For a 2-year-old, you are still quite small, but what you lack in size you make up for with personality. You are tiny, but tenacious, and quite honestly, you are something else. Everything is 100% with you; there are no in betweens. And for as frustrating as it can be sometimes, I hope you never lose this quality. Being headstrong as you are (just like your daddy) will take you places in life.

And though you are 2 now and not quite a baby anymore, you have the sweetest baby face I’ve ever seen. I could stare at your adorable nose and those big, beautiful hazel eyes all day long, kiss your chubby cheeks a million times and never be tired.

Happy birthday baby girl. I love you more than you know.

Love,

Mama

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, so sweet. Happy Birthday Caitlyn.

Misty said...

Happy Birthday, Caitlyn!

LoriD said...

Nicely written, Sara. You'll need to print that out for her baby book. Happy Birthday, Caitlyn!

Jenny H. said...

I completely feel you. My youngest turns two next weekend.

I just cannot believe it has been two years already. Where did the time go?