Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Recoup

This past weekend took a lot out of all of us.

Friday night we went to the baseball game down town and stayed for the fireworks afterward. The kids had a really good time, but we didn’t get home until after 11PM.

Saturday, we had cake for Cait’s birthday in the afternoon and then later went to the county fair and saw the school bus demolition derby with my MIL. The kids loved it! A few of the busses were painted really well and we rooted for the Spiderman Bus all night long. Our second favorite was the Mickey Mouse Bus that had a Mickey Mouse figure standing on top of it. Unfortunately, after a few hits Mickey fell down which upset Caitlyn quite a bit. Then his head fell off and another bus ran it over which caused her to go in to a fit of hysterics. Ed and I were trying to calm her down telling her it wasn’t the real Mickey and so on when Eddie screams “MICKEY IS DEAD CAIT!!!” and kind of rolled his eyes like “deal with it already”. We couldn’t help but laugh. We aren’t winning any awards for parents of the year, that’s for sure.

We took a lot of photos but I haven’t had the chance to download them yet. We spent the day doing pretty much nothing Sunday and everyone was pretty crabby from lack of sleep.

Yesterday was day one at the new daycare and drop off went well; we spent some time with each of the kids in their new room and they were good. Today, not so much. Eddie was fine, but Caitlyn freaked out. Ed wanted to stay with her until she was calm and I wanted to leave and let her work it out. He stayed, arguing that it was like we were leaving her with strangers, and I left. I see his point and where he is coming from; I do. But I feel like if we baby her she will refuse to get used to it. I know that I’m doing the right thing, but I feel horrible when I leave her.

They really do enjoy the new place so far though. Eddie has a guinea pig named Max in his room and he can bring him home for a weekend if he wants.
(God, please don’t let him want to bring the guinea pig home.) He also enjoyed the hermit crabs in another room. Cait had fun riding tricycles and playing with a little girl named Anna.

I’m still tired from the weekend and from having Eddie in our bed last night, and on top of it, I’m strangely nauseous. I’d really just like to go home to bed, but I have too much to do at work.

Maybe we could start today over……

8 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

It sounds like your weekend was as busy as ours. I hope everyone is in better moods and running on more sleep now. I know we are. I always feel like I spend Mondays catching up from the weekend.

I'm glad the daycare is going well. Hopefully it won't be so hard to drop Caitlyn off tomorrow. Here's hoping it goes well.

theflyingmum said...

My husbands was the same way - always staying, while I was bolting for the door!

theflyingmum said...

that's husbanD. only one.

theflyingmum said...

You have to install sitemeter on your blog. Which I will not do - because then I would never leave the warm comfort of the computer chair.

Tess said...

I love Demolition Derbies! And I laughed and laughed at "Mickey is DEAD, Cait!"

Misty said...

I have never been to one of those wreck 'em, smash 'em up things. Are they fun? I bet my oldest would love it. Total annihilation and all that jazz.

I hope you are feeling better today! I hope you are so duty free at work today, that all you can think of to do is to shop online with the giant bonus your boss gave you for just being a swell gal. I hope when you pick up the kids this afternoon, the teachers tell you that your kids are by far the most intelligent beautiful creatures they have ever come in contact with. And the kids say they absolutely love the new place and the only other place they would rather bein this world is in your arms. In other words, happy wishes for you. :)

Sara said...

Oh Misty...how I love you. :)

Misty said...

*blush*