Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Take my advice. If you’re 20 and you get an offer to move in with your boyfriend’s father for only $220 a month, when you’re currently paying $380 in rent, don’t do it. You’ll find yourself owning the house in 8 years and he will now be living with you.

I really shouldn’t complain, because Ed’s dad is a tremendous help to me. I don’t know how I would get through a lot of days without his help. Eddie and Caitlyn adore him-plus he does the dishes. He just gets on my very last nerve.

Really my biggest gripe has been resolved-he used to do all of his laundry on the weekend, which is when I also do my laundry. He’s started doing it during the week since he’s retired, and has more time to do it during the week. But why did it take him the whole weekend to do his laundry? Ecause he had SEVERAL loads. They were comprised as follows: 1st load- all of his black socks-maybe 10 pair. 2nd loan- all of his underwear-again, probably 10 pair and an undershirt or 2. 3rd load- 6 every day t-shirts. 4th load- 3 long sleeved shirts. 5th load- 2 pair of jeans. 6th load-2 pair of dress pants. 7th load- 5 towels and 5 wash cloths. You could be like Ed and tell me that I have too much time on my hands to pay this close attention to his loads of laundry, but you should really take my side here. This should be 3 loads of laundry tops.

Ok, done with that…

I got the kid’s Easter baskets out last night and left them in the kitchen. I don’t know why it never occurs to me that Eddie knows what is going on now; he’s not a baby any more. So he asks me “Mommy is the Easter Bunny coming to our house?” I say yes. He puts his hands on his hips “Then why are these Easter baskets in the kitchen already???” I told him that I had to get them out and have them ready for the Easter Bunny to fill with candy. That little stinker.

3 comments:

theflyingmum said...

Oh, Ben has talked of nothing but the consumption of mass quantities of candy ever since he heard Easter was just around the corner!
The laundry?! Sorry, but I would not be able to deal.

Jackie said...

Hi Sara from Buffalo! Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment :-) So, is it ever going to stop snowing or what (why do I gripe about this every year? You'd think I'd be used to it by now...)?

aunt myrn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.