Sunday, April 22, 2007



I'll have to admit that my stomach lurched a little bit as I handed over my $300+ breast pump to Lisa and Chris on Saturday, but I'm comforted by the fact that they are trying to do the right thing for their baby girl. That's her up there, my brand new niece, Samantha, born to Ed's brother Chris, and his girlfriend Lisa, who are both 18 years old. Not the best of circumstances, but she is a beautiful baby. We saw them at the hospital on Wednesday, 2 days after she was born, and then they came over Saturday, to get the pump and hang out for a while. It was nice. Samantha slept almost the entire time they were here, and then woke up screaming as they were ready to leave. I really don't miss the baby days.

Here is my baby, by the way, last weekend before Lisa's shower.



We had a really great weekend. The weather was just beautiful and we got in a lot of time outside. I shopped for summer clothes for the kids yesterday, and today Eddie helped me clean and vacuum my car out. Both kids went grocery shopping with me, and were generally good all day. The Capri's Caitlyn has on here are a size 12months which made me freak out since I bought her all 24 months, but I think these must just run big since the 24month fit just fine. The 2T's on the other hand are huge. I need to have another baby shower so other people can do this for me. :)





While down stairs yesterday, I heard a crash hat happened to be Cait pulling out a bin of silverware and dumping it in the kitchen. Above it all I hear Eddie yell "WHAT THE HELL??" He's going to be the death of me. You may remember his previous fondness of spouting off "Dammit" left and right. Now, he trys to trick you. He'll act like he's going to curse, and then change it to "Aw....DAMAGE!" I really don't know where he gets this stuff. Cait is at the point of repeating every word we say, and is stringing 4/5 word sentences together. She told my father-in-law "NO NO BAD BOY!!" all day on Saturday and told me "NO, I don't want juice Mommy!" She's great with communicating what she wants and does not want, demanding little girl.

OK, I need to get to bed. I have a dentist appointment in the AM that I am not looking forward to.

1 comment:

theflyingmum said...

Oh, we're going to be able to trade dental stories! I go in for my crown early next month! Also, Ben actually thinks the word is damage.