Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Something that I struggle with in my work life is how to change a mindset; how to embrace change. How do I inspire my team to go in the new direction The Bank is taking? Why can’t they, like me, recognize the need for change and make valiant efforts to do so?

In thinking about it today, I started thinking about myself. Why can I do this at work—recognize the need for change and then just do it, because it needs to be done—but not in my personal life? I’ve read in lots of different places that it takes one month to form a new habit, or to break an old one. A month is a lot of time. How can I do something for a month when I can’t even make it through a day?

Maybe I’m trying to do too much. This month alone I’ve gotten my house in shape, thrown things out, organized, kept up on being tidy. I’ve dusted and scrubbed my floors; I’ve even cleaned my windows. I’ve also started getting my butt out of bed earlier so that I can get to work by 8:00--giving me a full extra hour with the kids in the evening. This is a huge life change, and it’s been two great weeks. I feel proud and accomplished.

Somehow though, I want more, and I don’t think I have the strength to get there.

This is about so much more than the housework.

This is about me.

I need to change me.

July is a new month……and hopefully a new start for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you. Read all your entries. I love reading about the kids, and the pictures are gorgeous

Misty said...

Sara! It is ok. Seems like you are doing waaay better than me, with the cleaning and everything. And if you find that magic boost to give you some energy to change all the things you want changed, let me know, eh?

Misty said...

I meant let me know what it IS. Sounds like I am just monitoring your life if I just want to know if you have gotten your proverbial "act together". No no no, I want LESSONS in getting MY act together. :)

Sara said...

Misty--OMG, what is your problem? :)

I totally got you thr 1st time.


And if I find the fountain, I will definitely share....