Monday, March 12, 2007

I feel old, crampy, bloated and arthritic today. Perfect time for a survey, right? Here it is!!



FIRST BORN SURVEY

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? I had been tracking my ovulation, but Ed wasn't sure about having a baby. One night after work, he told me that he wanted to have a baby. That's the day I got pregnant.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Very excited, but scared, and also a little bit in disbelief

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? NEVER!

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 25


6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I went to the dr for something completely unrelated but mentioned that I was having horrible cramping that midol wasn't even touching. My period was a day late. Dr. said to take a test just to be sure. She told me it would take about 10 minutes to develop, but came running back in the room 3 minutes later to say that I was, in fact, pregnant.


7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Ed, then Rosanne and Beverly

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? I did. makes planning a lot easier. Plus, I am just so darn nosy....

9. DUE DATE? 1/4/04

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes...but I never threw up from it.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? twinkies and root beer. (I'm convinced this is why Eddie won't eat veggies....) I drank root beer morning, noon and night to the point that I can't even look at it anymore. Snyder's Spicy Jalapeno Pepper Pretzle Pieces.

12. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? the real question is who didn't iritiate me. People at work still talk about how miserable I was.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? not really. i was good either way

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 40 lbs

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? yes

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNACY? Not until it came to laboring a gigantic baby

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Sister's Hospital

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Well, I was 5 cm at the dr.'s office and no pain or contractions. They induced me at 6:00 pm and I had him by 2:13 am, so..... 8 hours

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Ed-, but we stopped at the bank, and to get him food on the way-(god I was so hungry and I couldn't eat because they thought they might do a c-section. the chicken salad sandwich I ate while they were stitching me up still ranks as one of the best meals I've ever eaten.)

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Ed, the doctor, and a ton of nurses.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? natural

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Ummm, yes. Pitocin is evil so I had an epidural.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 10lbs 2 oz

28. DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS? He was a littly hypo-glycemic, due to his weight-nothing a little nursing couldn't take care of.

29. WHAT DAY WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ON? 1/7/2004

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Edmund Mason

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 3 years, 2 months. ~sniff~

1 comment:

theflyingmum said...

Ooo, I think I'm going to do this. I've cut and pasted it to Notepad. But I'm cutting down on my computer time, so maybe next week.
Fun reading about YOUR experience!